Thursday 5 February 2015

Ben's birthday spread out over a week! Busy days.

Yes it was Ben's birthday at the end of January.  Always thought the start of school is a busy time.  Ben had to take some birthday celebrations when he could get them!  So it spread out over a week!

We had dinner at the night markets where we ALL get exactly what we want and its yummy and cheap!

Taco's this time.

Kalamari king

Selfie

Ben enjoying his Thai street food.

My coconut ice cream with fresh mango and coconut jellies.

Lochy's "big lip" because he wanted some coconut ice cream too"
The food was great.  We tried some coconut ice cream with Coconut jellies.  The jellies were little cubes of clear jellie like coconut but tasted like pineapple.  Odd but yummy!

That weekend we still had Cricket and Little Athletics to go to with the kids but we also saw a live show.  Horrible Histories!  Not the show you were imagining I am sure.  Its the first live show (apart from Playschool" the boys had gone to.  Ben and I really enjoyed it too.  To make life easier we caught a bus in, Southbank is terrible for parking.

The boys love taking the bus and its just around the corner from our house.

Ben a bit sick of my photo taking so I had to take a selfie with him!

a bit bright!
We had lunch at Guzman Y Gomez yummy Mexican in Southbank.

Lunch at a yummy Mexican place in Southbank.
 We got so stuffed at Guzman's we had a very light veggie dinner and had Grandma and Grandpa over for Ben's Birthday Pavlova.  Lots of fresh fruit from the Markets too.  I still go every Saturday morning.  Have fresh veg, fruit and sometimes picking up some pretty flowers.


A rare family photo

A sensational birthday celebration!  Look at that Pav!
 Lochy had his best friend over in the first week of school too.  Look at those blondies, you'd never know which ones were my two would you?  They get on together so well.  This time they are joining on Minecraft in Lochy's room.


Joining together on the same world.  They have a great time together.  Can you tell which ones are mine and who is the friend?
Some unusual looking clouds outside.  Love the bumpy look.
I also picked up some flowers for myself at the markets.  I don't usually buy myself flowers but I thought I'd reward myself.  At the end of the week last week the principal called me in to have a chat about me doing some teacher aide work at the school.  She told me she asked the teachers who would they recommend to work with kids with a disability and they had great things to say about me.  So YAY  she asked me to work at the school and offered me full time!  I am now on a full time contract for this year at the school and I couldn't be happier.  I've been at the school a week now and I am so happy.  This is exactly what I was hoping for and I couldn't have even imagined it happening for me so soon!
Yay me!

Ben's so happy I am working again he has even agreed to getting a pet kitten!





No comments:

Post a Comment