Sunday 5 April 2015

Working, cooking and trying to fit in some fun isn't easy!

Hi everyone,

I've tried to make up for being so busy by going on some outings these Easter holidays.  We went to the Natural Bridge in the Gold Coast Hinterland on Saturday.  Going to the Natural Bridge reminded me how much I love being in the trees. 

The drive to the Natural Bridge.  Gav loved the cloud hanging so low you could almost touch it.






 
We had grandma and grandpa over for Easter dinner yesterday.  Unfortunately Uncle Andrew and Auntie Nick had to work yesterday and couldn't make it.







Today we had a great time (or at least I did anyways) going for a bush bike ride.  It was something I've always loved doing and I really needed to be in amongst the trees.  Its been too hot so far this year but today feels cooler.  It should because its also autumn!  The boys were hesitant.  Lochy because he was worried about falling down and hurting himself.  They did have fun but weren't thrilled about the hills.  I said not to worry because we'd be going once a month and they'd soon get used to it....  I did mention I loved it.  So much more fun than riding in the city!  Love breathing in the fresh air....









Still cooking from scratch but now we are not only gluten free but dairy free as well as low grain.  I can't go as far as grain free but trying to be aware of not filling up on just grains. 

Just took this gluten free bread I baked out of the oven.


Why the leap to dairy free you ask?  A couple of weeks ago I took Gav to see an American doctor by the name of Dr Julie Buckley during a Bio-Balance conference on the Gold Coast.  Our Bio Medical Doctor recommended going because he said he didn't know how else to help Gav and they would give us some new ideas.  On the weekend the had an information day and then mid week we had our hour appointment.  So happy we have more ideas to move forward on such as increasing his intake of Vitamin A, starting B12 shots and cutting out dairy.  Since we don't do things by halves in this house we have all taken the leap.  Lochy said he feels better dairy free and has more energy.  Loads of people have been getting sick at school but no one in our family has or is.  Perhaps coincidence and perhaps not.

Happy Easter everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment