Wednesday 26 June 2013

Getting out of Brisbane...

Every once in awhile we just need to get out of the city and see some mountains.  The scenery is beautiful and especially green right now with all the rain we've been having. 

Ben does enjoy testing out those four wheel drive (Cooper?) tires and a friend of his just bought some new ones (different brand) and had to see how they went on the dirt track.  So pack up the kids off we went on a 4 x 4 adventure.


There he is gunning it up the hill.  It is a lot steeper than it looks!

There is a ball up in the air somewhere up there.
 Then we stop and kick around a ball before we pack up again and head home.
Lochy gearing up for a spectacular football pass.

I find I need to leave the city behind and just go out and see nature as far as the eye can see without a city building in sight.  Sometimes its camping but when we don't have the time or its too cold then a drive is just the thing.  Lucky for us all this beauty is just an hour outside of Brisbane.  I love where we live but sometimes we just need a break. 

 
 

2 comments:

  1. What gorgeous scenic countryside Dina. Where did you go?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I confess I do not know. Its not more than an hour from Brisbane though. If its outside of Brisbane I am totally lost. Hubby does all the driving there, I do enough during the week! If you're really keen I'll pin him down and ask him.

      Delete