Monday 10 June 2013

Looking back at the month of May


 Yes I missed telling you all about the month of May.  You only got the barest beginning in my weekly portraits of the boys.  I could have given up and just contintued on with June but with these gorgeous photos I felt I had to share them with you.



We don't visit this park as much as we should.  Mowbray Park with its new playground is so bright and cheerfull now that the flood had one of the biggest trees uproot.  Sounds terrible that I am glad but it gave it a dark and dangerous feel, the enormous tree shadowing the playground, but now its anything but.  It even has some room to do a bit of scootering on the paths around the playground.

 
 
I also enjoyed the last of Autumn with more walking around the Kangaroo Point cliffs.  I never get tired of the view and try to look at it from a different perspective to show you something new.  This time I got a photo of an enormous yellow flower growing in front of someones house on my way back home.
 


The beginning of May was also Ben's family day event his work put on.  Its different every year and this time it was at a golf course in the city.  There was all sorts of activities like baby animals, cupcake decorating, games, mini golf and the driving range.  So much to do we didn't actually get to the driving range with the boys!
 


The animals are always the biggest hit with Gavin, while Lochy was into the cupcake decorating (and eating).  Gav soon caught onto that!  Then it was on to the games...  Yes everyone was a bit concerned for the crystal light...
 
After the games it was straight onto the favourite part of the day...Mini Golf!  It was all very good fun.

 


 
Then just to keep us on our toes Gav had his sports day at school the Friday after.  It was a very busy day with Gavin in every event and luckily Grandma and Grandpa were able to cheer him on as well!

Gavin ran in the 100m and 400m running race...


 


Then the Long jump and another running race, this time 200m.


 After the running race Gavin did the shot put and then ran in the relay...


A bit of morning tea then some ball games, lunch and giving out ribbons time!



We all agreed Gavin earned everyone of those many ribbons on his shirt.  WELL DONE GAVIN!!

This was also my favourite weekend because it was also all about ME!  Yes Mothers Day was also on this fine weekend in May.  I enjoyed breakfast out, just Ben and I, as well as a lovely family dinner at West Ends Spaghetti House.




 
 
Not to be forgotten it was also the month Lachlan got to color his hair purple!  I know I put it in the portraits but just in case you missed it, here it is again
Isn't that just the cheekiest grin you've ever seen!

No comments:

Post a Comment