Sunday 1 September 2013

33/52 The 52 Project, a portrait once a week.



There was some magic happening at my house on this day.  I baked my first loaf of bread mixed in my new Thermomix and it disappeared!

Loch:  After the loaf of bread came out of the oven all warm and smelling heavenly it was begging for butter and honey.  Loch doesn't even eat Gluten free and he loved this fresh hot bread.

Gav:  Even though the loaf wasn't perfect (not rising as much as it should have) by how quickly the bread disappeared and the willingness to butter his own slice instead of waiting for me, it was definitely a winner!

The boys loved this bread so much they asked to have it for dessert too!  It reminded me of when my mum made bread and we ate it while it was still warm with butter melting on it with honey.  Yumm!!  Gluten Free bread is much quicker to make without the kneading needed and just about 30 minutes to rise.  This one rose for only 15 min but I did some adjusting of ingredients and now have it rising on the stove while the oven is heating up and have made many loaves since.  I tried it at first with buckwheat flour as one of the ingredients but it makes it a bit sticky so now its arrowroot, brown rice flour and some besan among other ingredients and it seems to be just about right.  I have a hard time keeping up with the bread demand now!

No comments:

Post a Comment