Saturday 15 February 2014

Its been awhile....

Hello,

Yes, it's been awhile.  I am having a bit of a late start to the new year posting.  Before I get stuck into whats happening now I thought I'd get started with the rest of our school holidays starting from Boxing Day.

This is Sunset on Christmas Day from our house.  I loved the colors and I think it worked out rather well.


Boxing day we left for Noosa and spent a week there.  I made sure I brought my newly bottled Kambucha.  We all seriously love the stuff.  I now have TWO 10 litre containers and a steady stream of Kambucha for my parents in law as well. 


We may have arrived a bit late but after helping unpack the boys were straight onto the beach!

 
 The beach in front of our unit was perfect.

 
 
Then we ventured out to Noosa main beach the next day.

 



Of course there was relaxing at the unit as well.  Ben watching cricket on TV is exactly where he wanted to be.

 
Everyone was out and about enjoying the summer weather.
 
 
The boys really are best friends.  They finished off the day playing together, building rivers, finding crabs and making sand bombs and throwing them into the water.
 



In keeping with our healthy eating plan and making everything ourselves I brought our Thermomix.  A blog I follow Quirky Cooking had a recipe for Chocolate Iced Magic.  So I made our own icecream and this is all you need for iced magic, chocolate, coconut oil and a thermie!
 

The next day was even better waking up to beautiful sunshine.

 
 
We decided to check out another beach.  Sunshine beach this time.  The waves were bigger and a bit too rough for my taste but the boys loved it.
 



 
 
After a morning at the beach we got to the Noosa weekend markets just before it closed.  The boys were very tired but still came along with the promise good food.  We found an amazing butcher and got sausages and the best steak we ever had.  Bought a whole bag of mangos that lasted us the whole holiday, two enormous punnets of strawberries and at the very end Ben found what promised to be the very best fudge.
 
 


 
Even with the promise of fudge Lochy was all done in and so we headed back to the unit.

Well that was the first half of our holiday.  Keep looking and I'll post the rest soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment