Wednesday 15 July 2015

Lachlan's sports day

I wasn't too sure what today would be like.  We got the "Arctic Vortex" warning on the news for a few days and today it was going to hit us!  I was expecting the morning to start at the 4 degrees they were predicting (5 degrees under the average) but it started at a warmer 5 degrees instead.  Brrrr, pretty cold when you are used to a low of 10 degrees at the most.

I insisted Loch wore his track pants rather than his usual shorts he wears all year round.  Gav went into school in his school pants and I wore layers and a scarf!

We got into the car, the scarf came off, cool but not as frigid as I was expecting.  Dropped Gav off at his school and went to ours.  Sports day started straight away.  First a parade of our teams and then sitting in their teams. 

Sitting at the start of sports day.

I was with the Preps (the year before grade 1) so I missed Lochy in shot put, long jump, and sprints), but I did get to see his cross country run.  I am very proud, he ran his very best.

The last race of the day for his grade, cross country run.

He's pushing himself!

Here he is halfway there!
At the finish line! 
Well done Loch!  A great effort.  He is very proud of himself too.  He came about in at about the middle for the cross country.  In the sprint he said he was 4th.  A very good day!

He has so much more energy since going on his supplements from our bio medical doctor.  Thank goodness he started seeing him.  Also found out his headaches were from magnesium deficiency so he's on a supplement and pyrrole disorder (deficiency of B6, zinc) more supplements and now that we are off Gluten no more sore stomach and off dairy he is no longer fatigued.  He is a very happy (no longer moody) boy.  He does still get the odd headache so my next plan of attack is seeing a chiropractor recommended by a work college that helped her daughter.   Gav is also see the chiropractor.  Lets hope its another piece in the puzzle that helps my family's health.  Who knows, I may even get to see her myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment