Saturday 11 July 2015

What's happened in May? Fete Day, Mothers Day and everything in between!

May started with the "Boombah" themed Fete for Lochy's school.  It was all about farm animals and lots of colour.

Lochy's year wore their "Boombah" hats they made in Art class, had their veggie shakers and after a parade around the school grounds they sang a song.  The Jr Hearts Choir also had a song to sing.  Lochy loves to sing and we enjoyed every minute of it!

Boombah hat and ready to go!

Lochy leading the Boombah parade with the bongo.

Ready for the year 2 class song.

Just before the Jr Hearts Choir goes to perform

Lochy loves his choir.
 Gav and Lochy had a hoot going on all the rides.  After awhile they got tired of standing in line and just wanted to hang out with the animals and cuddle some chickens.
And now time for some fete fun!






Mandy the elephant, the Boombah mascot and her creator.
 You know what they say, they love playing with the boxes...  We were very excited to get some new outdoor furniture for the back deck and have an outdoor living area.  The boys were excited to have some enormous boxes to makes houses and shops with.  Hours of fun.
There were Minecraft games with shops and all houses with these boxes.
 Another exciting event with when Lochy's class hosted assembly.  A big job to be brave enough and speak in front of the whole junior school.
Lochy's class hosting assembly.

Mothers Day

Lochy made a very helpful little pot of chives for my garden.  He very thoughtfully wrote "I Love you Mum XOXOX from Lochy"  I love you too LochyX


We all went out for a bike ride that weekend too. 

Here is my Mothers Day sleep in with Pressie's in bed.  I am so spoiled.
This is what Gav made for me.  All the things he loves me for.
In the card Gav made me he wrote"  I love you!  You love me!  I love you for eternity!!  I love your chicken soup of course!"  He drew the picture on the mug of mum and dad on the beach with him and Lochy sliding down the sand dunes.  He said he knows my favourite place is on the beach.  What a sweetie!
Gav's very thoughtful mug he drew for me.
Tricia came over and loved her flowers




Gavin at after school care.  He loved his block creation.

Lochy with his science experiment making his own bouncy ball.

More box fun.  A pool of cardboard!
A radio station putting on a game at the bowling birthday party we were at.  We all had a go and I won a JB HiFi gift card. 
An unexpected game! 

No comments:

Post a Comment