Thursday 28 March 2013

Sewing, Op shoping and a bit of paint...

In between all the family events I did have time to sneak in a bit of sewing.  I finished my Busy Bee bag but I think I may add an outside pocket of bright yellow pocka dots, what do you think?

 
 
I also dropped by a few op shops and found some treasure!
 

If I didn't see a vase similar to this in another blog I never would have known what it was used for.  I picked up this one for $2 and its in perfect condition.  Its just right to put in my favourite frangipani flowers and some Australian native flowers from our garden.  I love it.
 
 This little jug is a great fit for the main/kids bathroom in the house.  It adds some color and if it get knocked and broken at a cost of $2 I won't be devastated!  A win win.



  And I finally finished painting my forgotten Ikea organiser.  Ben had it in the garage but never used it.  It just sat there sadly gathering muck and dust.  I cleaned it up, add some paint and now I love it.  I think I'll have to get some more.  Not sure if I will use it for my sewing stuff, or office nick knacks or just make more and use them for both.  I still have other things to paint but finishing this was a good motivating start.
 
I hope you all have a sensational Easter!  Happy egg hunting and I'll talk to you later!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment