Friday 4 April 2014

Goodbye to Noosa


I started to post about our holiday week there in my first post of 2014 in Feb but what I didn't say was this was our last summer at the Noosa unit.  It was a bit sad to say goodbye.  We've had such relaxing holidays here, but its being sold as its getting a bit much for Grandma and Grandpa to maintain.  So thanks to them we've had some wonderful happy holidays there in the magic unit on the water.
 
Holidays are wonderful times away when we do what we love.  I love to sew.  You may think it strange to bring a sewing machine away.  When I am at home there always seems to be something else more urgent for me to do so sewing for pleasure just doesn't get a look in.  Even more so now that I started studying to go back to work.
 
 
I sewed two bags over our holiday while I was looking at the water in the midday sun.  One for me and one for a friends birthday.  It must have been fate as I only just gave it to her last weekend.  I sewed a French themed bag with the Eiffel tower on it and she has very fond memories of her time in Paris.  What a coincidence!

The boys loved the stairs as we don't have any in our house they are a bit novel to have inside.  And of course they loved playing in the bedroom they've shared since we started coming to Noosa.

Lochy and Little Bunny
The bedroom the boys shared

Gavin with Big Bunny

 

The resort pool was also a favourite place for the boys to play.



And so it would alternate beach, pool and back to the beach again!
 
 
 
And while they were playing I finished the bag I made for myself. YAY!
 
Then there was feeding the ducks.
 
 
 
And having dinner out on the deck...
 
 
 We especially loved having a coffee and reading the paper in the morning looking at the water.
 
New Years Eve
 
 
The boys loved to jump straight in first thing in the morning!


 
We played some Uno when it got to hot and sunny outside.

Big time concentration shuffling the cards.

Notice the mango's on the bench in the background?  We got that whole green bag full of them from the markets.  Lasted us the full week!  I even got to make Mango sorbet with them.  YUMMY!

Game face.
Dinner for New Years Eve was my yummy Spaghetti Bolognese with my very first home made Pavlova for desert.  I've never made it before and it was luckily a huge success!


One of the boys took this photo!
Gav licking his lips over the yummy Pav
 
 
Then soon after the New Years Eve celebrations began!  Many glow sticks!



 
That's it for 2013!  I hope you all had an amazing New Years too.  Next post I'll do the remainder of our goodbye to our Noosa holiday.


 



No comments:

Post a Comment