Saturday 5 April 2014

Start of the April Autumn school holidays

We've had a busy start to the school break.  First we had a make up soccer lesson after school.
Lochy got his medal for participating and collected Gav's for him.  Gav didn't have such a great ending to the soccer lessons but he was a trooper for coming to every one.  Lochy loved them and Gav enjoyed it for the most part.

 
After soccer we had a cool off swim with some friends at the pool and headed home.

I hit the markets again this morning.  This time I thought I'd be adventurous and try some fruit I've never had before.  I didn't know how to eat it or when to know it was ripe so I never bothered.  So after chatting with some market goers and lovely stall owners I bought these very interesting fruits.



Yes the massive mango on the bottom we've had before but the purple dragon fruit and orange persimmon was new.  I've had the green custard apple before too but the boys haven't I thought they must be open to trying that one.  Very sweet.

So far we've tried the dragon fruit.

And while I thought it was yummy, Lochy had another opinion.  Its not terrible he said.

Not a strong flavour  but Gav wasn't willing to have a go.  Ben had never had a taste of Dragon fruit before either.  Apparently the White Dragon fruit is more bland and not as good so we'll give that a miss.

Gav's school organised tickets for the students and families who wanted them to go to the LEGO movie.  The boys were thrilled.  We even got to meet up with Gav's best friend before the movie and got a long row of seats together.  A great time was had by all.

A balloon double barrel shot gun! Hands up




Lochy's got Gav with his balloon sword.  Gav is such a ham.
Lochy has been keen to cook since they had Master Chef at his joey's club.  So here he is cooking his very own pizza for dinner tonight.
 
And Master Chef at Joeys this week
A proud cook!

Daddy helping out Joey's

Our invitation to sit for dinner followed by lemonade scones.

Very yummy and Lochy is keen to make it again!
 

1 comment:

  1. Wow... I can't believe how much I have missed your blog. Moving and getting settled in seems to be taking forever! You all look awesome. Too bad about Grandma's and Grandpa's place....looks like it was a little piece of heaven.

    ReplyDelete