Monday 19 January 2015

Looking back at last week. Keeping busy around home.

 After we came back from camping the week started off great.  A friend invited me to the night markets.  I'd never been before and she had not gone in ages so it was sensational to get out and about.
The exciting thing was there was so much choice for gluten free, even donuts!  I bought a donut each for the boys to have the next day.  They'd be asleep when I got home ;)



Chai tea vendor at the night markets
Couldn't believe I found gluten free donuts.  They are made with Tapioca flour.  Awesome....


Taking a photo to show the boys what they can eat at the markets!
a bit blurry but they had great music coming out of here!


No, not a barber shop at night but a quirky place to eat.  There is a bar table along the other side.  This is my friend I came to the markets with. 
We had Grandma's birthday dinner and cake at our house.  I made her a red velvet gluten free cake.  My first cream cheese icing and surprisingly the kids ate it!  It was a bit runny but there was NO room in  my fridge to harden it up.  Still, everyone seemed to enjoy it.

Dinner dishes cleared away and time for birthday cake
A birthday song from a budding songwrite.
Grandma needed some help to blow out the candles :)







How do we cut up this cake?  or was it stealing cherries?!



Still the weekend we decided to go to Mooloolaba beach on Ben's last day before going back to work.

Cool play area in front of the beach.

The water was perfect.  Such a beautiful beach.



After the weekend I took the boys to a school holiday water play at an indoor pool centre.  Gav and Lochy both had a go at the very tall water slide.  So brave!  I did too and tried really hard not to scream as they were standing right at the front watching me.  However halfway down as my bottom lifted off the slide I could not hold it in any longer.  I am a bit of a screamer...  They were totally expecting it.

Gavin rocketing down the slide

 
Starting out on the obstical course.
There he goes, great balance!

He is moving fast!
 
 The next few days were filled with preparing for Grandpa's birthday.  The boys painted him a picture each.  And of course chores had to be done for pocket money and to help out mum. 



Lochy vacuuming and Gavin helping out. 
Painting a picture for Grandpa's birthday
A park we explored after my optometrist appointment
Frew Park
Meeting friends at Frew Park for a playdate.  There they are walking down the path while we were looking down at them from the café.

A movie with friends
And a birthday party in the park after!
A bubble, water gun party.

I told Ben and the boys all about the night markets so we decided to go have dinner there after picking up Ben from work.  Ben had 12 hour cooked pulled pork, the boys had the kalamari and I had prawn phad thai.  So cool, the boys first time and it was fun.  The boys loved the food and the homemade lemonaide.   Lochy usually a bit shy, danced in front of the band.  I want to go back and try some other stalls food!  Funny but a family shared our table just before we left and they said it was their first time too.  He said his wife was a bit of a foodie.  Great spot.


They loved the drums
Love the lemonaide
Waiting for dinner at Mr Kalamari behind them!

No comments:

Post a Comment