Wednesday 21 January 2015

Today, a bike ride to remember

Only three days left of school holidays so I asked the boys, what do you want to do?  A bike ride was the request so today being the coolest of the 30+ (including one day it went up to 38!) I thought it was a reasonable day to head out.

Luckily today was the day of the biggest of the king tides!  I couldn't have planned it better if I tried.  And I totally didn't!  How lucky.  Like I said to some passing council workers as the kids were screaming and giggling past them "Its like a water park bike ride!".

First there was the approach.

I am not even going to bother to try to keep them dry

And another...

I went around...


I think we went through at least 5 of the flooded cycleways from the creek.  I thought we'd better pop into a café for morning tea before the boys got any wetter!


As we continued we found even more water!  The canal (don't know if they are actually called that btw) was like a rapid creek!  The boys found it very exciting.  Even though our way was blocked with the underpass we just went around.  We did see a few people who turned back and one guy went through with a passing comment to me "I think I went through that faster than I should have" as he was dripping wet past me.
Ah, that is unexpected!

Believe it or not that is the tunnel we usually cycle in.  Not today!

I told Gav he could have a go if he wanted.  Rather deeper than he thought!

Now the sign at the last underpass explains it!

No comments:

Post a Comment