Sunday 7 August 2016

My Christmas present from Ben, a weekend away before school started in Jan

Ben gave me an unexpected present for Xmas 2015.  He sent me away for a holiday and arranged everything!  No one gave away the surprise.  It was a little tricky though because we came back exactly the day before school started!

We ended up in Kingscliffe NSW

My room, heaven.

The view from our balcony.

The beach out the front.

We took a walk along the beach after we settled in and it was so relaxing.  New South Wales in summer is one hour ahead of Queensland so this walk was at 8pm NSW time.



On our walk we came across the weirdest looking sea creature washed up on the shore.  I've never seen anything like it!


Just to show you how big it was!

The sunset was beautiful.  This was at 8:30pm


We had lots of laying and reading in the room and more walking on the beach.  It was a good thing it was cloudy the next day because I made a small error in judgement.  I'd read that coconut oil was a good sunscreen and... was altogether too confident that it would work and burnt myself rather badly.  During the rest of our getaway I had to wear rather flowing clothing that touched my body as little as possible!








No comments:

Post a Comment