Monday 25 February 2013

A stay at home Sunday...

Konnichiwa

Sunday was a stay at home day yesterday.  It was still sunny and beautiful but the boys just needed sometime to relax at home.  Lochy is not used to spending all week at school yet.


Using blocks to build a marble run, big one is Gavin's, little one is Lochy's

Having morning tea on the deck.  Lochy wrote the table number just like at a cafe.



And the old favourite, a hose in the trampoline

It was the first hot sunny weekend we've had for awhile.  Hubby mowed the lawn and did the trimming, even getting some cricket in with his work teammates yesterday afternoon.  I got some washing in and sewed a blue friend to hang out with the purple surprise (will make sense in a post later this week).  The boys had some freezies on the deck for afternoon.  LOVED how older brother helped younger....so sweet.  They really are best friends. 

Lochy had trouble getting the freezie out so big brother stepped in.

"now blow into it" said Gavin

last bit left, just squeeze it out.
 After all that sun at home watching TV in mum and dad's room is the perfect ending to a Sunday.


Wanting to stay home Sunday must have been the first clue because today they boys are home from school.  Lachlan with an upset tummy and Gavin still is battling his summer cold and scratchy throat.  So today is quiet playing and lots of resting so its back to school tomorrow.  Unless Lochy's tummy isn't better...  Fingers crossed the summer sickness is brief.  Many people are passing the bug around according to the school grapevine.  Lachlan is learning Japanese in Prep so would hate for him to miss that.  He loves it. 

Sayoonara

6 comments:

  1. Love that last pic of the boys in their supercool made by Dina shorts! mel x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mel, I enjoy making those shorts. My little bit of love for the boys to wear. Perhaps I should make a lable "made with luv" for the boys things.

      Delete
  2. Oh gosh they look so alike. I had a giggle at the exercise ball on the trampoline - I would be standing by with ice packs in hand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. According to my older son the more bounce the better! Rarely are there injuries, only if hard balls make it in or marbles when I am not looking ;-)

      Delete
  3. Re your comment on my blog re my Grandparents In Law (never know where to reply to comments).

    Yes, there were many tears. My heart breaks for them but it is the right place for her. She needs a high level of care. 70+ years of marriage is amazing isn't it. Nans take on it when asked what the secret is is "Well first you have to live that long don't you and then you just don't have a choice. You're married and you just make the best of things". Feel for them both and for my mother in law who is doing most of their caring and has had to make some tough decisions, and as the only child it is all left to her to manage on her own. She has done this with a lot of strength and grace. Can't be easy.

    PS your boys are gorgeous. My 5 yo is learning Japanese too and cracks me up with his little conversations in (attempted) Japanese

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love her "secret". Your Gran in law sounds like a cracker being so honest with such common sense. Your mother in law is certainly a pillar of strength right when they need her. They are a fortunate family.

      You must get your 5 year old cutie on video to show him on a significant birthday. My 5 year old is so keen on Japanese he wants a Japanese birthday party without the sushi.

      BTW I triend your Lamb Shephards pie and it was so yummy! I was a bit concerned at the lack of spices but you were right, it didnt need any and still tasted delish. I put a small spoonfull (without the mash) on my older sons plate and he actually picked out a few pieces and didnt gag so thats a win in my book. Thanks for posting it.

      Delete