Saturday 23 February 2013

Weekend activities


I'd like to say I've been sewing up a storm and have my purple surprise to show you but I am sorry I do not.  I am also sorry to report there has been no painting done either.  Where does the time go?  Helping at school, meetings at school, driving to and from school, getting to know school mums, as well as squeezing in some time to exercise among other things has been leaving little time for being creative. 

Luckily before I committed myself to the obligations I have now I had the time to take my time in making a close friend a bag for birthday gift I thought would be just right.  It's when you feel its coming together perfectly and the colors just work I find the most pleasure in making something.  Sometimes I am not confident but this time I felt it all fell into place.  Now that she has my little creation I can post a photo of it to share with you.


It was a pleasure to make this for my dear friend.
Friday I got my first ever unsolicited compliment from my older son.  He said "Mum, I really like your earrings".  So of course I had to take a photo and share the wondrous earrings with you. 


Today being Saturday and a fantastically sunny hot day when its been raining all week we took the opportunity to enjoy the fine weather.    This morning we had a play date with a school friend in the back yard.

Nice to have some sun!
Loch and Ben played some cricket in the garage, a better bounce I believe than the grass in the backyard.


Then in the afternoon we went for a bike ride while the weather is still good. Gavin loved his new bike especially the gears! We all had a lovely ride but I think Loch was hoping it would rain a little so he could splash through the puddles again.









2 comments:

  1. Dina, that bag is gorgeous! You might doubt yourself when it comes to choosing fabrics but you really do have a good eye for what looks good together! And I can see why her little Minky loved it too...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dee, sometimes it just works. Thanks for the vote of confidence. I am dying to make a bag for myself (I lost one late last year) but I have made a promise to the boys to finish their project! I am hoping it will help Gav feel "just right"! He's been in a bit of a mood for about a week. It looks like he's coming down with something but hopefully he will get better rather than worse. Hope you are hanging in there yourself. X

      Delete